So here we are fifty years on. Certainly not quite where I expected to be, but I have been enjoying some Alaskan Amber this evening, so there are still surprises out there for me. In 1963:
- The Birds – my favorite Hitchcock movie – with the beautiful Tippi Hedren
- President John F Kennedy was assassinated in the United States
- Alcatraz federal penitentiary known as “The Rock” closes
- Martin Luther King, Jr. delivers his “I have a dream” speech
- She Loves You by The Beatles was published
- A pint of beer was 1/2 crown.
- And of course on January 26, 1963 I was born.
So a very momentous year!